Thursday, August 9, 2007

Late Even Then?

Gilbert said that if he outlives me he is going to arrange to have my body wheeled in to the funeral 20 minutes late as a joke. I don't want to do the body-at-the-service thing so that might put a cramp in his plans...I told him he could set up a photo of me 20 min. late or start a video (if I ever make one) of me addressing people at my funeral (We had a pastor who died of cancer and his video was the thing I enjoyed the most---One last time to see him and hear his thoughts and humor... )

Plus I'd love to have a full choir sing and maybe a band---now what significant thing do I need to accomplish to warrant/earn that? I also thought it would be neat if the reception after the service all the odds n ends of party goods I have (napkins from my wedding/plates from kiddie b'days, etc.) were used for refreshments. For my kids I would hope some of those would bring back some of the best memories---themed birthday parties, special events, etc. I would love it if people went home feeling just a little odd because it seemed more like a party than a "funeral". I hope my life ends up being a reason to celebrate that I was here, my last opportunity to share my favorite things and near/dear thoughts rather than mourning the "what ifs" or apathy or a gossipy gawk fest. If I get hit by a Mack truck unexpectedly the whole thing will probably not come together unless I task Ann with it now....hmmm....

No comments: